lose weight with wii and nutrisystem

»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 
Wii, Xbox, and PS3 Fitness Game Forums / Wii Fitness / Wii Fitness Games / Exerbeat 2?
Posted:  27 Jun 2012 07:23
Steve,

any chance of Exerbeat 2 coming for the WiiU?

One can dream, right?

What a terrific exercise program. My students LOVED the karate and boxercising.
Posted:  01 Jul 2012 02:03   Last Edited By: steve
Hey Dennis,

I'm totally with you! I love Exerbeat as well, so much so that it's had a solid place at #3 of my list of the best. Unfortunately, the rest of the world may not quite see eye-to-eye with us. Since its launch in 2010, the game has sold 90,000 copies in North American, 90,000 in Europe, and 20,000 in the rest of the world.

The numbers aren't staggering, so I'm not sure if Namco-Bandai will be planning any sequels. In fact, their PR teams are completely silent on the topic--they've all but abandoned their Facebook page and their discussion boards despite a ton of people asking for it.

It's a shame, because this particular game brought a lot of innovations that I wish the market could have embraced to prove their value. For example, I loved the incentive that the "travel the world" piece provided, as well as how they tried to inject more "fun" into the activities (such as breaking the walls).

I think the only way to convince them is to get more people to buy it.

It's strange how other even more popular games like Konami's Walk It Out and EA's Sports Active 2 seem to be dying off without sequels. I wonder if some of these companies have been scared off by the frivolous lawsuit against them, or if their all-wise executives just figured that it's not worth innovating in this field anymore.

Having said that, I do predict we'll see a resurgence in exergaming once the lawsuit is thrown out and new products like MiCoach for PS3 and Xbox, Nike+ for Xbox, and Wii U Fit for Wii U come out. Let's just hope whoever evolves the games takes the best from these well loved but neglected ones!
Posted:  02 Jul 2012 17:02   Last Edited By: Dennis
Good points Steve but considering Amazon was the only (besides B&M Frys) that sold Exerbeat, I think it did well.  Gamestop acted like they never heard of it.

Will the WiiU have a marketplace like XBOX Live?  If so, it may be a good way to get companies to make/sell games like Exerbeat and have us by them directly?