Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/content/32/7174532/html/vhosts/nutwiisystem/forum/index.php on line 6

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/32/7174532/html/vhosts/nutwiisystem/forum/index.php:6) in /home/content/32/7174532/html/vhosts/nutwiisystem/forum/index.php on line 50
Wii Aerobics
lose weight with wii and nutrisystem

»User: »Password:   Remember Me? 
Wii, Xbox, and PS3 Fitness Game Forums / Wii Fitness / Wii Fitness Games / Wii Aerobics
Posted:  11 Jul 2012 07:26
I love the step aerobics on Wii Fit Plus, but in all honesty it's much too slow and tedious for me. Also, I'm always afraid I'm going to break the Balance Board if I step on it too hard.

Can anyone recommend any Wii games that do aerobics better than Wii Fit? I'm looking for something more comparable to an aerobics class in a gym, where after 20 minutes you're sweating and your heart is beating.

thanks in advance!
Posted:  11 Jul 2012 21:41
Get Fit with Mel B lets you select up to 15 different step aerobic exercises and custom set the reps and how long you want to exercise.  It is well done.

Fit in Six has kick *ss aerobic routines but you cannot choose what exercises you want with it.
Posted:  13 Jul 2012 03:12   Last Edited By: steve
Definitely agree, especially about Get Fit With Mel B.

Another good game is Exerbeat. They have a stereotypical California blonde girl perkily shouting out at your like a real aerobics instructor.

And of course, another game that shouldn't be overlooked is Walk It Out. If you set your playlist so that all songs have a high tempo you get a surprisingly good workout. The Balance Board isn't great for the game, but one thing I like to do is use a DDR pad and "lift" up some of it by putting phone books under it so I have kind of a step aerobics workout.
Posted:  26 Sep 2013 13:57
Just to update this, there's finally a bona-fide "Aerobics Class" available with Your Shape 2013, but only on the Wii U.
Posted:  12 Nov 2013 18:36
The aerobics exercises on the new Wii Fit U are much improved--you actually can get some decent heart pounding going, although nothing quite as intense.

But the new Wii Fit Meter REALLY helps, as it'll measure your intensity of action--including doing daily activity and exercises offline. It's fun to get "credit" for your exercising and use them to unlock progress in the "travel the world" game.