For those of you who use Dance Dance Revolution for exercise, you’ll be happy to hear that Konami, the company behind Dance Dance Revolution, will be launching its first pure “exergame” in a few weeks. It’ll use the DDR exercise mat (which in my opinion is still the best and most responsive controller out there, even over Ubisoft’s camera and Nintendo’s balance board and MotionPlus)
You can pre-order a copy of Walk It Out at Amazon, and of course, I’ll post a full review when it comes. In the meantime, here are some snippets from a press release they issued today:
- Will contain a large number of virtual scenic areas to walk through, including oceanside harbors, gaze up at skyscrapers, amble through bustling city squares, parks and other vistas.
- Will contain over 100 great songs, including licensed master tracks and re-records of some of yesterday and today’s hottest artists (including Demi Lovato, Jesse McCartney, Ne-Yo)
- Will track progress with in-game charts, graphs and visuals to show calories burned, distance traveled, steps taken and more
- Uses the DDR dance mat or the Wii balance board
- Contains mini-games and puzzles that can be played alone or with a friend, including:
- Whack-a-Slack: Whack-a-Mole for your feet.
- Psycolo: Solve a brainteaser while you step to the rhythm.
- Smash ‘n’ Run!: Sounds like a version of virtual tag.
I’ll post more details as I get them.